shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Theodore Boone: The Abduction - John Grisham Not as good as the first book in the Boone series and as I did with the first book, I tried to read these through the eyes of myself as a child but I think even as a child I wouldn't have rated this book very highly. I didn't think about it until I read a review mentioning it but the first book was filled with underlying messages which I assume are to teach or educate young readers about life, relationships, friendships, family life and the judicial system etc however that was a lot more obvious in this book.

I think it was too obvious though. Theo's friend has been abducted, and given that this is a children's book I don't think anything too bad would happen so it was fairly obvious where the story was going and therefore the message the book is trying to give. April's dad is touring with his band whilst fighting for custody of April in a divorce battle with April's mother. Guess where April is? < It's that obvious.

Maybe younger readers will enjoy this book but it just wasn't for me. I did actually enjoy the first book and will check out the one following on from this but for parents looking to teach their children morals or life lessons etc there are better books out there to do that than this one.