shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Murder Mile (DI Rob Brennan, #2) - Tony Black Move over Tom Thorne I think I have a new favourite detective in DI Rob Brennan. And I love Tom Thorne, so DI Brennan must be good. I read Truth Lies Bleeding in three sittings in one day so immediately knew I was onto something good with Tony Black and after finishing that I couldn't wait to start this second book in the series. My only disappointment is the wait for the next DI Brennan novel, of which there has to be one. I love his no nonsense attitude and the fact he completely ignores the politics of his job and his superiors, he's focused on solving the crime not playing things by the book.

The story of this book was similar to the last book but that didn't bother me too much. It was an extremely readable book, crime fiction authors tend to have random chapters which (as a bad example) are meant to give information about various characters back stories or to add suspense but they usually just end up going over my head and complicating the story for me, this book is just straight to the point, no fancy fluff and just very easy to get lost in for a few hours.

I must admit though I hated the new Chief Super and was disappointed that there were only one or two mentions of the previous Super from TLB, I thought she had potential as a character. I also enjoy the little double act with McGuire, and hope it can continue (view spoiler).

Fans of crime fiction must read this book and Truth Lies Bleeding, both amazing reads especially for fans of Mark Billingham and Stuart MacBride. I hope the wait isn't too long for another DI Brennan novel.