shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

The Faithless - Martina Cole I read a few negative reviews about this book, but then a lot of Martina's books have equal amounts of 1 and 5 star reviews so I'd rather ignore them and make up my own mind. And I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed this book.

One of the first things I noticed was the short chapters, earlier Martina novels have hardly any chapters and because I hate stopping a book during a chapter I usually end up reading her books for longer than I intended to, the thing with this book was you could read 'just one more chapter' without it taking hours.

I thought the characterisation in this book was fantastic and all the characters were believable. I read a review which said how there was hardly any dialogue and this is true as most of the book is descriptions etc rather than the characters talking but I don't think this is a bad thing.

Overall I enjoyed the book and would reccommend it. I know people keep comparing her new books to her old stuff but I think some books are just that good they will never be beaten.