shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire  - J.K. Rowling It killed me to drag this book out for a week because I could easily do nothing all day but read it but I really wanted to take my time and enjoy it. This is my favourite Harry Potter book and probably one of my favourite books of all time. The final few chapters, as with all Harry Potter books (barring The Epilogue I Pretend Doesn't Exist in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows are some of the best chapters in any book, ever.

Despite all that's going on in the story GoF is the book where I love Hogwarts the most and the time when I really wish it was real and that I was a student there. I LOVE Harry, Ron and Hermione. Although I've always hated the bits where Harry and Ron fall out, I know it's a normal part of friendship but I never liked it. I love how Mrs Weasley (AMAZING character) and Bill came as familial support during the tournament and how Harry gave the galleons to Fred and George at the end. I loved the bit with Harry's parents. The only thing now is Cedric's death doesn't bother me as much as it used to thanks to the movie version and a certain actor from a certain book/film ruining the images in my head. Dobby is amazing, I always laugh out loud at him coming into the dormitory at Christmas.

I could easily read this book again the minute I finish it. Every single page should be ingrained in my memory by now I've read it so many times, and I can still remember the day I bought it and the very first time I sat down to read it. The very first copy I have of this is yellowed and battered due to the amount of times it has been read, luckily now with Kindle damage to books because of overuse isn't noticeable. It disappoints me when I read one star reviews for Harry Potter but especially when I read them for this book, say what you want about HP but this book is not a one star book. I just hope the enjoyment I get out of reading it never fades.