shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Starstruck  - Lauren Conrad Pure trash and I loved it. I read all three LA Candy books in a week and the first Fame Game book in a few days because I really enjoyed them and didn't want to put it down. The Hills (or any similar reality show) in book form. Obviously people are going to hate on this book because of Lauren or because of what it represents but if you just take it for what it is and don't get all serious then it's a very enjoyable read.

My favourite character in the book is Madison, and I can't believe I'm saying that because I despised her in LA Candy for the way she acted and the way she treated Jane. But in the first Fame Game book and again in this one you really get to know Madison and warm to her and as you learn more about her past you understand the way she is, she's a very fragile person living in the celebrity world and at times she struggles with it. So much so that the book ends on a cliffhanger! To prepare us for the third novel next year.

Unfortunately Madison is where the great character end and the rest of the cast just aren't as good. Sophia was basically a nonentity, Gaby was as hilarious and ridiculous as always but it's Kate and Carmen I can't take to. I found myself skipping their sections and dialogue because they are both boring, Carmen is a spoilt little rich kid who wants all the attention on her and Kate is a boring singer and acts about ten years of age. In fact it was Madison that held this book together for me and stopped me from giving up altogether.

However I can't wait for book three and to see where Madison ends up. She really is a great character and I hope Lauren (or whoever writes them) keeps writing trashy books like these as I love reading them.