shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book - Peter Kay Peter Kay's [b:The Sound of Laughter|589053|The Sound of Laughter|Peter Kay|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320478948s/589053.jpg|1135051] is one of my favourite celebrity autobiographies of all time. In fact I think it was one of the very first things I bought on eBay when I was 17. I borrowed this book from the library so I think Peter would agree that I am not his employer and can shove my job up my **** (book joke). I have bought his DVDs though so if Peter reads this I am not a total cheapskate!

I was a bit disappointed with this book though as not much of it is new material but jokes aren't just funny the first time you hear them so the book did give me a good laugh whilst reading it. It is also accompanied by some fantastic pictures which whilst good to look at do take up quite a lot of the book and there isn't that much writing so you do find yourself reading the book at a rapid pace.

Overall the book was an enjoyable read and a good accompaniment to the DVD however not much new material may annoy fans looking for something fresh and new. And as always with humour I find it better spoken aloud rather than written down and so whilst you can imagine Peter reading this book to you as it is written as he would say it, it loses some of its humour by being in written format. Still a great book for any Peter Kay fan though.