shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Just a Mo: My Story - Laila Morse I really enjoyed this. I love stories about people who grew up in what I call 'old' London. Nanny Pat's book [b:Penny Sweets and Cobbled Streets: My East End Childhood|16443194|Penny Sweets and Cobbled Streets My East End Childhood|Nanny Pat|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1356202366s/16443194.jpg|21565066] is one of the best books I have read about growing up in London and Laila's book touched on it in the first few chapters of this book and I really enjoyed reading them. Laila was a right little trouble maker when she was younger and the first few chapters had me laughing out loud.

I also didn't realise just what a life she has led. It would be easy to assume that having a famous brother would mean she's lived a great life however she endured an unhappy marriage which at least gave her two kids. One of whom went on to become her best friend and the other went on to become a drug addict and Laila talks about this with such honesty and talks about how she tried to help her son. She also talks about her marriages and relationships with warmth and honest and it really felt as if Laila was reading the story out loud to you, it didn't just feel like you were reading a book.

It was also fun to read about how she became an actress at not that young an age and how she went on to become one of EastEnders well known characters, which is quite an achievement given that she has never really had a huge storyline to get her teeth into.

Overall I enjoyed this book and really loved reading about her growing up in London, the stories were hilarious.