shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Top 10 Cyprus (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides) - Jack Hughes Cyprus is my favourite place in the whole world. I always say that when I first went in 2006, I left my heart there and I have never been as happy as I was when I first visited. Apart from in 2010 and 2012 when I went back. It is such a fantastic place, and despite the trouble currently occurring there I saw this book in the library and thought I'd check it out.

I have tried to read about Cyprus in the past, but I don't actually want a rich, detailed history of the island. I find books about Cyprus to either focus on political issues too much, or to focus on its history up to the invasion. There aren't many books written about the last few years for example. This book however is more of a tourist guide than any kind of history.

My heart lives in Paphos but I would one day like to explore the rest of the island. But I have only ever visited for a relaxing holiday. I would like to explore the island over the course of a few weeks/months, and not just on a two week tourist holiday. This book was a great little read giving histories of some of the island's most famous sights and listing them into Top 10s and in order of each of the cities.

The only problem now is it has made me want to go back!