shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

From Notting Hill to New York... Actually - Ali McNamara I give this book an infinite amount of stars. This book is my 123rd read of 2012 and I have to say it could possibly be my favourite book of the year. I started it a few hours ago and could not put it down. I only read the first one earlier this year, [b:From Notting Hill with Love... Actually|7600679|From Notting Hill with Love... Actually|Ali McNamara|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1275322919s/7600679.jpg|10017869] and devoured that ridiculously fast as well. Ali McNamara is a fantastic author and has created an amazing character in Scarlett. Much like a certain Becky Brandon née Bloomwood, Scarlett O'Brien has everything needed to be the perfect chick lit character. I loved her in the first book but even more so in this one. She is the sort of girl you wish you knew in real life.

This is the sort of book you wish would be made into a film, and what a film it would be. Even the first few chapters were hilarious and amazing. The book is full of comedic moments. One of my favourite things about the first book was the setting, Notting Hill is one of my favourite parts of London and I always have to go when I'm down in London. But I also love New York and it was great to spend time there with my new favourite chick lit character. Also in the first book I didn't really take to the character of Oscar but in this book he was, quite frankly, fantastic. A great character and I love the friendship between him and Scarlett.

Also in the first book I loved Sean and was quite worried with this one when it looked like things were going wrong between them and I would have been disappointed had Scarlett gone off with another man and left Sean because I really like them together. Another thing I love about these books is the appearances from celebrities! Might be a bit difficult to get them to be in a film if one was ever made but that's the thing I love about fiction, absolutely anything can happen and in this book it certainly does.

Usually you end up guessing partway through a book what is going to happen and maybe because I read the book so fast I didn't click on where the story was going but the 'twist' halfway through the book was fantastic and I definitely didn't see it coming. Much like the first book everything flows very well and you really do just lose yourself in the world Ali has created. I loved reading about New York and all the touristy places that Scarlet and Oscar went to and as with the first book, there are plenty of coincidences that you wouldn't expect to happen in a large city but which aren't *too* unbelievable.

If you are a fan of chick lit and haven't read [b:From Notting Hill with Love... Actually|7600679|From Notting Hill with Love... Actually|Ali McNamara|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1275322919s/7600679.jpg|10017869] then you need to get it read ASAP and add this book to the top of your to read list. Both are fantastic reads and I cannot wait to read about Scarlett again, I hope the wait isn't too long. It baffles me why women are wasting their time reading terribly written books (mentioning no names) when there are amazing books like this waiting to be read. Do not miss this. The fact I read it in a few hours speaks volumes, if ever a book was unputdownable it is this one.