shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Bad Sisters - Rebecca Chance After finishing [b:Divas|13258853|Divas|Rebecca Chance|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1344664246s/13258853.jpg|6891134] by Rebecca Chance two days ago I couldn't wait to get started on another book of hers. It was between Bad Sisters and [b:Killer Heels|13544334|Killer Heels|Rebecca Chance|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1344400363s/13544334.jpg|19109380] as her other two books are not ready for collection at the library yet annoyingly! I chose Bad Sisters because it sounded like the more boring of the two, Killer Heels sounds like Ugly Betty on steroids and I can't wait to read it. So I started this to get it out of the way.

It started off quite strongly. Three very different sisters who we learn killed their stepfather back in 1993 as he was abusing the eldest sister. The three sisters are now famous and we meet Deeley who is returning to London after her fake relationship with a gay actor is ended, Devon, a TV cook married to a rugby player and Maxie who is married to an MP. I didn't take to these characters as much as I did with those in Divas. My favourite was probably Deeley who I liked for most of the book. Devon I found to be a bit of a silly character and who I kept picturing as Coleen Nolan for some reason (ugh). Maxie however I didn't like one iota. Abysmal character and I couldn't have cared less about her part in the story, until near the end that was!

The male characters were quite weak, again. As said in my review of Divas strong women are expected in a book aimed at women but must they always have such weak men? An MP who likes to be spanked because it reminds him of school, a rugby player who plays Xbox and has zero personality and of course the obligatory stud type characters with massive penises who give the women endless orgasms. Apart from Maxie who is satisfied with her hand which in one scene gave her more orgasms than I think she was able to count. She must have one hell of a hand.

The book seemed to just drag on I felt. There wasn't much bitchiness or action and it was only in the last 60 or so pages that the book really picked up and we got into the meat of the story which probably saved this book in my eyes. I didn't see the ending coming so it was a bit of a shock but following that the ending was a bit cheesy. Compared to Divas this was a poor read and I only hope that Chance's other books are on par with Diva and not similar in quality to this one.