shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Killer Heels - Rebecca Chance Okay, now this is more like [b:Divas|13258853|Divas|Rebecca Chance|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1344664246s/13258853.jpg|6891134]. After finishing the rather boring [b:Bad Sisters|11018937|Bad Sisters|Rebecca Chance|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348255519s/11018937.jpg|15938249], I started Killer Heels hoping that it would contain everything that I loved in Divas. Let me tell you that it did, and then some. It was Ugly Betty on steroids. Fantastic characters, so much backstabbing and bitchiness. Characters who would do anything to what they wanted. Ruthless isn't the word for some of them.

My favourite character by far was Victoria. She doesn't have shit on Wilhelmina Vivian Slater but she was a fantastically bitchy character nonetheless. Coco was another great character who I rooted for throughout the whole book. You read stories in the media about the fashion world but this book took it to a whole new level and the lengths some characters go to to maintain weight and to get what they want is unbelievable.

This book did seem to have a hell of a lot more sex than in previous books. It seems that the worries Chance had about the amount of sex in Divas had vanished by this, her fourth book under the Rebecca Chance pseudonym. It does get a bit tiresome reading about the endless orgasms that these women are able to give themselves. Or the orgasms that men (who always have huge, throbbing penises) can give them. I know this book is aimed at women so they may love all these descriptions but it was a bit of a yawnfest for me. I haven't however deducted any stars because of this as I don't review books which aren't aimed at me and then criticse them.

Anyway moving on... I did enjoy this book but it didn't 'grip' me as much as Divas. I found myself skipping whole pages just to move the action along a bit and read about the characters I actually cared about. Namely Coco and Vanessa. Reviews for this book had me looking forward to reading it but overall it wasn't the fantastic review that those reviewers made it out to me. It was a fun and bitchy read however which sometimes is all you want from a book.