shaunok

ShaunOK 'Book Addict'

Bad Girls - Rebecca Chance Yes. Books like this are why I stick with an author after reading a book of theirs I didn't like much ([b:Bad Sisters|11018937|Bad Sisters|Rebecca Chance|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348255519s/11018937.jpg|15938249]) because I am always hopeful that they will write a book similar to the one by them that I loved ([b:Divas|13258853|Divas|Rebecca Chance|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1344664246s/13258853.jpg|6891134]) and this is that book! I could not put it down once I had started and it contained such a fantastic cast of characters.

My favourite was Skye. A lap dancer recruited by a US gossip rag to go to rehab and seduce movie star Joe Jeffreys who is going to rehab for his sex addiction and to save his relationship with girlfriend Jennifer. Girlfriend Jennifer however is the Jennifer from [b:Divas|13258853|Divas|Rebecca Chance|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1344664246s/13258853.jpg|6891134] who is in a lesbian relationship with her publicist Carmen, who we also met in Divas. I enjoyed the storyline between Joe and Skye despite it being incredibly predictable.

Petal Gold (no idea who this character is based on...), awful name with a rich rock star dad is on her way to rehab after an appearance in the papers partying and taking drugs with her rocker boyfriend. I did like Petal despite her being a spoilt bitch. But then I always find characters like this to be likeable on some level as after all if they are born having everything given to them and having unlimited credit when they become teenagers why do the parents act so surprised and shocked when they go off the rails? Her mother in this book is a despicable character and 'Gold' wasn't much better, as he seemed to have his own Yoko Ono following him round turning him against his daughter.

Amber is a model going to rehab for drug addiction also. However Amber was introduced to us in the first chapter as being drugged up and trapped in a room surrounded by magazines and photos of herself strewn around the room. The reader isn't aware of who her captor is but as the book progresses we see Amber making enemies and falling out with people so you are left wondering whether any of these characters are to blame. I sort of guessed who it was but there wasn't too many suspects so it's not hard to guess.

Overall this was probably my favourite book from Rebecca Chance so far. It reminded me of books from my favourite author Jackie Collins back in the early days. Chance isn't afraid to use bad language or to have her characters engage in some very descriptive sex scenes. Her female characters have endless orgasms and her male characters have huge penises and very talented tongues and the sex does get a bit repetitive after a while but if you are a prude then steer clear of books like this however for fans of Jackie Collins you can't go wrong with a book from Rebecca Chance (well, you can if that book is Bad Sisters but anyway...)